Saturday, November 12, 2011

Never before

*note: I use Photoshop Elements 7*

Today I am branching out into the blogging world and posting an editing "how-to."
Scary. I know.

It's fall, and in NC our grass in brown/dead. As I said in my last post, we did an impromptu one year photo shoot with my little sister.

Well, I wanted the grass to be green in one specific picture.

This one:

After some editing it turned out like this:

Here's how I did it.

  1. Make sure your "background" layer is unlocked.
  2. Create new layer (Layers, new layer)
  3. Click paint brush and select the closet green to the color you'd like
  4. "color" all around the grass area where you want it to be green change the opacity to 25% or what looks good to you
  5. flatten the image!
After this I normally adjust the color curves and the shadows also I play around with the sharpness. 

Have fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment